Florida Department of Education, Bureau of Exceptional Student Education
The ESE Endorsement Tuition Support Program provides financial assistance to ESE teachers who are teaching students identified as having ASD, Severe/Profound, or PreK/ESE in Florida public schools. The purpose of the project is to increase the State’s capacity to prepare and retain highly qualified personnel that provide instructional services to children with disabilities. Funding is provided by Public Law 108-446, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 (IDEA), Part B, Section 611, CFDA # 84.027.
In order to be accepted into this program, the applicant must:
- have a Florida Educator Certificate in Exceptional Student Education,
- be currently employed in a Florida public school, and;
- teach students identified as ASD, Severe/Profound or PreK/ESE.
Upon completion of coursework, program recipients must agree to:
- teach students identified as ASD, Severe/Profound, or PreK/ESE in a Florida public school for a minimum of one year for every six hours of tuition support received; and
- add the appropriate endorsement to their professional certificate
The endorsement requires up to 12 credits of coursework. The program provides up to $1,400 per course for tuition support.
For more information, contact Melanie Morales, Project Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.