Free Parent Webinars
Virtual Facilitated Individual Education Plan (FIEP) Overviews for Parents
The Bureau for Exceptional Student Education (BESE) is excited to collaborate with FDLRS to bring Florida parents free virtual overviews of the FIEP process. Facilitated IEP meetings are a process through which trained individuals establish a common agenda and keep IEP meetings focused and moving forward.
Please register today. The session has a 50 participant maximum capacity.
For additional questions, please contact Mary Ann Ahearn or 386-312-2265.
2021-2022 Friday with FDLRS Parent Webinar Series
The FDLRS Administration Project and Associate Centers Network are proud to offer a series of parent webinars to take place virtually over the 2021-2022 school year.
Each 90-minute webinar will be conducted monthly during lunch hours from 11:30am-1:00pm, EST, on designated Fridays. All session will be recorded and posted to our Recorded Webinars page for access throughout the year.
These webinars are free of charge and open to all parents, families, and professionals working with children with disabilities or those with unique learning needs. Please register today for one or all the upcoming Friday with FDLRS Parent Webinars.
- Understanding Exceptional Student Education (August 20, 2021)
- The Benefits of Least Restrictive Environment (September 17, 2021)
- Strategies to Support Homework Completion (October 15, 2021)
- Understanding Quality Individual Educational Plans (November 19, 2021)
- Family Guide for at Home Learning (December 17, 2021)
- Smart Artificial Intelligence Devices at Home (January 21, 2022)
- Supporting Writing at Home (February 18, 2022)
- Including Children in Storytime (March 18, 2022)
- Sensory Processing for Parents (April 15, 2022)
- Summer Activities and Resources for Parents and Families (May 13, 2022)