FDLRS Child Find, in coordination with the school districts, locates children who are potentially eligible for services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and links them with needed services.
FDLRS Child Find Specialist help to promote general public awareness of programs and services available for young children who have or are at risk of developing disabilities. Service coordination for diagnostic screening, placement, training, and support is also provided.
Sampling of Services Offered by FDLRS Child Find Specialist
- Child Development Indicators
- Child Find Awareness and Outreach
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Childhood Developmental Screenings, Coordination, Resources
- Child Find Service Coordination
- CHRIS Database Management
- Interagency Collaboration
- Part C to B Facilitation, Resources, and Professional Development
- Pre-K ESE Coordination, Meetings, and Support