FDLRS Child Find, in coordination with the school districts, locates children who are potentially eligible for services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and links them with needed services.
Child Find services help to promote general public awareness of programs and services available for young children who have or are at risk of developing disabilities. Service coordination for diagnostic screening, placement, training, and support is also provided.
Sampling of Services Offered by Child Find Specialist
- Child Find Awareness/Outreach
- CHRIS Database
- Child Development Indicators
- Early Childhood Developmental Screenings, Coordination, Resources
- Early Childhood Development
- Child Find Service Coordination
- Early Learning Coalitions
- Interagency Collaboration
- Part C to B Facilitation, Resources, Professional Development
- Pre-K ESE Coordination and Meeting/Support
- Support BDI Implementation