FDLRS Child Find, in coordination with the school districts, locates children who are potentially eligible for services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and links them with needed services.
Child Find services help to promote general public awareness of programs and services available for young children who have or are at risk of developing disabilities. Service coordination for diagnostic screening, placement, training, and support is also provided.
Sampling of Services Offered by Child Find:
- Child Find Awareness/Outreach
- Child Find Service Coordination
- CHRIS Database
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Early Childhood Developmental Screenings, Coordination, and Resources
- Early Childhood Development
- Early Learning Coalitions
- Interagency Collaboration
- Part C to B Transition Facilitation, Resources, Professional Development, Technical Assistance
- Pre-K ESE Coordination and Meeting/Support
- Support BDI Implementation
- Technical Assistance