Parent & Family Services
FDLRS Parent & Family Services provides information, training, and support to districts and families in order to promote effective parent participation in the education of children with disabilities or exceptionalities.
FDLRS Parent & Family Services Specialists assist in the development of family-friendly programs, training and support for services for children with disabilities, and the support of partnerships between schools and parents to support student achievement.
Sampling of Services Offered by FDLRS Parent & Family Services Specialist
- Access Points K-12 Overview
- Accommodations Overview
- Assistive Technology Tools
- Behavior Management for the Home
- Educational Surrogate
- ESE 101
- Facilitated IEP
- Family Involvement in Education
- IEP Process
- Coordination and Support for Local Family Conferences and Events
- Disability Resources
- Educational Consultation