FDLRS Parent Services provides information, training, and support to districts and families, in order to promote effective parent participation in the education of children who are exceptional and/or have special needs.
Parent services include assistance in the development of family-friendly programs, training and support for services for children with disabilities, and the support of partnerships between schools and parents to support student achievement.
Sampling of Services offered by Parent Services
- Active Parenting
- Coordination/Support for Local Parent Conferences/Events
- Creating Family Friendly Schools
- Parent Training on Facilitated IEPs
- Parental Involvement in Education
- Resource for Parent Access to LRP Publications
- Support for Parent Liaisons
- Technical Assistance
- Variety of Workshops for Parent Groups and Conference
- Parent Webinars