FDLRS provides assistance and support in the appropriate use of a variety of technologies for students, teachers, professional staff, and parents. Support services are available in the areas of assistive technology, instructional technology, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), AIM/NIMAS Florida services, and virtual/online instruction.
The Technology Specialists at all of the local FDLRS Associate Centers also collaborate with the MTSS Technology and Learning Regional Technology Specialists and district-based Assistive Technology Specialists. TLC-MTSS also offers a statewide assistive technology loan library (AT & UDL Loan Library).
Sampling of Services Offered by Technology Specialist
- Assistive Technology
- Augmentative Communication
- Computer Access and Online Testing Accommodations
- Instructional Technology
- Universal Design for Learning
- Virtual Worlds
- Visual Strategies and Communication
- LATS and RLATS Support and Collaboration
- Classroom Technology Coaching
- Teacher Tools and Resources
- Technology Tools, Resources, and Strategies to Support Content Areas at the Elementary and Secondary Levels.